British History/Merchant Ship Routes 1810

Question
I am currently writing a book about a British woman who sails on a privately owned merchant ship around the year 1810. I am really bad at geography, and maps look like Greek to me! Can you explain to me a route a merchant ship may have sailed around that time? I hate to pester you with questions, but I can't find "Trading Routes for Dummies" anywhere, and your answers to previous questions were very concise. Thanks so much!
Emily

Answer
Hello Emily.
There's a very good animated map at www.the-map-as-history.com showing the trade routes before the Suez Canal was opened. The most profitable route in 1810 would be to/from India and the Far East. Earlier than 1807 it was the Slave Trade between Africa and the Americas.
Mark

British History

Mark Smith