British History/Merchant Ship Routes 1810

I am currently writing a book about a British woman who sails on a privately owned merchant ship around the year 1810. I am really bad at geography, and maps look like Greek to me! Can you explain to me a route a merchant ship may have sailed around that time? I hate to pester you with questions, but I can't find "Trading Routes for Dummies" anywhere, and your answers to previous questions were very concise. Thanks so much!

Hello Emily.
There's a very good animated map at showing the trade routes before the Suez Canal was opened. The most profitable route in 1810 would be to/from India and the Far East. Earlier than 1807 it was the Slave Trade between Africa and the Americas.

British History

Mark Smith

I have a good basic knowledge of British political history, but my speciality is the Kings and Queens of England and Scotland from 927 AD. Please no social history questions, it's not my strong point and I'm unlikely to answer them.

No professional experience, but a lifelong interest and access to a variety of sources of information.

"A" level in History.