British TV/FAMOUS BRITISH TV PERSONALITY

Question
What was the name of the famous TV scientist who appeared on a number of TV programmes during the 80s and 90s.  He was extremely tall.  He had a mustache and was prone to waving his arms about like a whirling dervish.  Is he still alive ?

Hope you can help.  Thanks

Answer
The man you are referring to was Dr. Magnus Pike. He appeared from 1974 - 1978 in the show "Don't Ask Me". Each week three experts tackled viewer's queries about science and the everyday world. The panel, chaired by Derek Griffiths, consisted of nutrition expert Dr. Pike, botanist David Bellamy, and doctor Miriam Stoppard. From 1979 - 1980 the show was re-named "Don't Just Sit There".

I can find no information on the Internet as to his current state of health, although, if memory serves correctly, I think he may have died a couple of years back.

Glad to be of help. Cheers....Mel  

British TV

Mel Priddle