Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/WIFI

Question
I have a modem-D-Link at home. My computer is directly connected to this modem via cable. However, my WLAN is always flickering as if someone is using my modem but not early in the morning. I think someone is using my modem. How can you stop from someone using it?

Answer
You need to turn on wireless security.  It must be WPA security.  WEP security is older and easy to break.  If your router does not have WPA with AES and 256K security then see if you can disable the wireless on it.  If you cannot then perhaps a firmware update to the router will give you the capability of disabling wireless.

You should be able to contact D-Link tech support and they can walk you through doing this.

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt