Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/WIFI

I have a modem-D-Link at home. My computer is directly connected to this modem via cable. However, my WLAN is always flickering as if someone is using my modem but not early in the morning. I think someone is using my modem. How can you stop from someone using it?

You need to turn on wireless security.  It must be WPA security.  WEP security is older and easy to break.  If your router does not have WPA with AES and 256K security then see if you can disable the wireless on it.  If you cannot then perhaps a firmware update to the router will give you the capability of disabling wireless.

You should be able to contact D-Link tech support and they can walk you through doing this.

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt

I will answer questions on the following kinds of High Speed Internet connectivity; ISDN, Frame Relay, dedicated T1, higher speeeds such as DS3/OC3, wireless such as 802.11 and DSL. No questions on dialup V90 or Cable access. I can also answer questions on many types of Cisco routers, and a number of other brands of business routers as well.

I am the technical manager of Internet Partners Inc. an ISP.

I've written a book titled "The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide" published by Addison Wesley