Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/WETSELL (Verizon) wireless modem

Hello Ted.
I'm trying to setup a WESTELL 7500 in my home. My ISP has supplied my username and pswd and I've connected successfully using their modem and another wireless router I had. However, I would like to install the used WESTELL 7500 since it's modem and router all in one but I'm having trouble. Can you look at the setup info, recommend a preferred setup and tell me where I enter the ISP username/pswd combo and where I enter the network name and security?

There are many variants of the firmware used on the westell 7500 as ISPs often modify the firmware used on it.  Your best shot would be to ask this question on as there is likely someone there who has done this already using the same ISP as you have.  Incidentally, using a combined DSL modem/wireless router would be a step backwards.  Your best throughput and control would be to contact your ISP and have them help you set their modem into bridged mode, then setup your wireless router to use the username and password to login - so that your wireless router gets the public IP address.

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt

I will answer questions on the following kinds of High Speed Internet connectivity; ISDN, Frame Relay, dedicated T1, higher speeeds such as DS3/OC3, wireless such as 802.11 and DSL. No questions on dialup V90 or Cable access. I can also answer questions on many types of Cisco routers, and a number of other brands of business routers as well.

I am the technical manager of Internet Partners Inc. an ISP.

I've written a book titled "The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide" published by Addison Wesley