Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/ADSL Broadband

Hi there and I hope this question finds you well. I am looking to upgrade my internet. I am looking for something that doesn't involve adding new or additional cables to my house. The one thing I have looked at is ADSL which involves a self installed system of a phone splitter, router device, and so on. However, I am a little miffed on the service. I can't seem to find any mainstream service like Juno or AT&T that offer this service. Could you tell me more about this and what companies I could look at for service?

You are about 8 years too late to that party.

At one time the nationals did offer DSL.  But that era drew to a close a long time ago.

High speed Internet connectivity is only offered by companies who actually own
real wires and real fiber in the ground that connects to your house.  Like, SBC and
Verizon and so on.

You may not like your local "telephone company" or "cable company" but those companies chased the national providers off years ago.  There is just way too much money to be made in that market for the companies who actually own the real wires connecting to you to allow a 3rd party to come in and profit off of their network.

The nationals are currently working to rebrand themselves as "portals"  All the action in high speed connection today is with the local cable guy or the local telephone company.  

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt

I will answer questions on the following kinds of High Speed Internet connectivity; ISDN, Frame Relay, dedicated T1, higher speeeds such as DS3/OC3, wireless such as 802.11 and DSL. No questions on dialup V90 or Cable access. I can also answer questions on many types of Cisco routers, and a number of other brands of business routers as well.

I am the technical manager of Internet Partners Inc. an ISP.

I've written a book titled "The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide" published by Addison Wesley