Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/Wireless authentication

Hi Dear Ted
I have a wireless modem.
I want to connect to internet by this modem, but i had some problem.
My laptop just connect to internet via network cable or when wireless network has no password( authentication is disabled)
When i set password for wireless network, my laptop can not connect to internet , it means each time i enter password, it said me your password is incorrect, try again!
All thing seems ok, but it can not work!!
How can i fix it?
My os is win7, laptop is acer, modem is TP-LINK.
Thanks in advance,

wireless security should be set to wpa2 personal with an AES 256 cipher.  If that does not work then try each of the wireless security combinations and see if one of those work.  Also make sure your CAPS lock key is not on.  Another thing to look for is if your keyboard is a dual-use numeric on the key keyboard, I have seen people with that get messed up because they type keys and think they are typing letters but are really typing numbers.

If that does not work then make sure your acer laptop can connect to other wireless networks that have security enabled.  If it can, then get a friend who has a laptop with wireless in it try checking to see if he can connect to your TP-LINK.  If he can, but your acer can't, and you have tried all of the other troubleshooting, then you have to assume there's an incompatibility between your acer wireless chip and the tp-link.  In that case, set the tp-link into bridged mode and buy another wireless router that will work.

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt

I will answer questions on the following kinds of High Speed Internet connectivity; ISDN, Frame Relay, dedicated T1, higher speeeds such as DS3/OC3, wireless such as 802.11 and DSL. No questions on dialup V90 or Cable access. I can also answer questions on many types of Cisco routers, and a number of other brands of business routers as well.

I am the technical manager of Internet Partners Inc. an ISP.

I've written a book titled "The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide" published by Addison Wesley