Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/connectivity

hello sir,
      i have netgear wireless router. the problem is, i am able to access internet through wireless router with windows system but not with ubuntu or macbook. could you please help me out in this situation ?

for starters go to your netgear and turn OFF all wireless security.  Then try accessing with the Mac and Ubuntu.

if that works then turn on WEP security and try accessing with that.

If that works then turn on WPA with the lowest key encryption and try

then if that works try the AES256 encryption

Some of the drivers for Mac and ubnuntu don't support certain encryption types on certian hardware.

if nothing other than open systems work, then maybe MAC address filtering on the Netgear will be adequate security.

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt

I will answer questions on the following kinds of High Speed Internet connectivity; ISDN, Frame Relay, dedicated T1, higher speeeds such as DS3/OC3, wireless such as 802.11 and DSL. No questions on dialup V90 or Cable access. I can also answer questions on many types of Cisco routers, and a number of other brands of business routers as well.

I am the technical manager of Internet Partners Inc. an ISP.

I've written a book titled "The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide" published by Addison Wesley