Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/bsnl broadband problem

Question
yesterday i formatted my PC and during installation of windows xp it came checking for internet connectivity for registration....
then i entered my username and password provided by ISP...
when i logged on in xp there was no internet icon or lan connected icon in taskbar....
and when i try to open a page in internet explorer it alway ask to connect or work offline....
i also installed the driver and using network connection properties got the icon of bsnl on desktop to connect to internet....but of no help...
i cannot see the connected icon.in taskbar...
please help

Answer
Go into Control Panel, Network Connections, Add a new connection, select Internet, select dialup or broadband, etc. etc.  - just follow the wizard.  When the connection icon is created you can shortcut it to the desktop if you want.

XP does this - the Internet icon your talking about is a 1-time icon that XP deletes once you successfully set it up.

Also, remember you got a little less than a year left on XP then MS will stop releasing patches - and I guarentee the crackers will have all XP systems on the Internet broken into post haste.

Switch to Windows 7 while you still can buy Win 7 Professional systems.

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt