Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)/red x

hi..i have win 7, and have a red x between the pc and the internet. what has to be done to go about fixing that? thank you!!

There are many reasons you could have this problem.  From networking issues to hardware.  You need to narrow it down.

Try obtaining a second PC.  Unplug the network connection from the first PC and plug it into the second.  If it works then the problem is in the PC.  If it does not then the problem is in the network.  Once you have figured that out then post some more info to this question.

Broadband (Cable, DSL, Satellite, Fiber Optics)

Ted Mittelstaedt

I will answer questions on the following kinds of High Speed Internet connectivity; ISDN, Frame Relay, dedicated T1, higher speeeds such as DS3/OC3, wireless such as 802.11 and DSL. No questions on dialup V90 or Cable access. I can also answer questions on many types of Cisco routers, and a number of other brands of business routers as well.

I am the technical manager of Internet Partners Inc. an ISP.

I've written a book titled "The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide" published by Addison Wesley