Broadcasting/On-Line Broadcasting Schools

Are there any on-line radio broadcasting schools/training available?  If so, how can someone determine whether on not it has a good program?

I thank you for your reply.

Hey Kenneth....

Thanks for stopping by....

Unfortunately I would at least suggest to you that there are no real broadcast schools online for you to join. You can attend a regular 4 year college or there are broadcasting schools around that can assist you as well.

I wish I knew what area you desired to enter in the business - there can be many ways to approach the industry. If you want to write back and tell me, that would better help me assist you in deciding what course you may wish to take from my standpoint anyway. There are many avenues here and the industry is changing a lot.

Not knowing what area you would like to enter in the world of broadcasting leads me to only broadly answer that I would not take an online course even if there is such a program in existence. That really leaves with you a college or university, or a broadcast school that runs about a year.

Whichever you choose, I wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Patrick Murray

Patrick J. Murray

Having been in the broadcast community for over thirty years, I am able to assist others in discovering their niche in the area of broadcast televison, in both production and talent, as well as sports, medical, or corporate production. This would include methods of production, purchase of equipment, or philosophy of acting.

Armed with a dual degree in TV/Radio and Theater, I began my career as a camera operator in a major market television station. Directing and production management were soon to follow. Currently, I have my own business as a freelance producer-director, and have been primarily working in field of sports production.

I belong to NATAS (National Association of Arts and Sciences).

I hold a BA in TV/Radio and Theater from Ashland University, located in Ashland, Ohio.

I have received 10 local Emmy awards for various sports shows produced in the Northeast Ohio region.