Buddhists/Buddhism and life

MarcoItalia wrote at 2011-01-06 01:28:19
How can one prevent a drop of water from ever drying up? By throwing it into the sea.

I also saw the movie and i think that though there are many interpretations to that phrase, in that context should be interpreted in such a way: men desires dry human soul and to prevent that that happens we should practice and live to be able to reach the sea, Nirvana or at least peace.

moneca gabriel wrote at 2013-08-26 05:04:08
HOW can you save a drop of water from drying up?? absolutely reveal your inauthenticity; deepen and honor your relationship with your wife;deeply BE in her world; listen; honor WHO you are. Make that promise to your wife ('throw it into the ocean')and commit and keep unconcealing the greatness of all so that the water won't dry up!! Whenever you see a 'drop' of water drying up (surviving; doing human things)LISTEN; do not judge--- Be an opening for real communication and have them come back to who they really are --part of the ocean--  

Anandapanyo Bhikkhu

I can answer questions about Buddhist practice, Buddhist understanding and how to apply Buddhism to daily life. I can help analyze Buddhist sayings and teachings. In addition, I can help with questions Buddhism stories, fables and Vinaya(rules). I have meditated for over 10 years and can help you start with meditation. In addition, I can help provide insight into what to do when you feel that you have hit a wall with your meditation. My main area of expertise is how to think in accordance with Sammaditthi (the right view - and number 1 in the Buddha's Noble Eightfold Path. If I cannot answer your question, I have many able teachers with over 20 years experience to help me, so chances are I will be able to find an answer for you.

I have been practicing Buddhism since I was born, but as a serious practice since 2003. I started studying under various famous Thai Theravada masters. Finally, I met and studied under Phra Acariya Thoon Khippapanyo who has recently passed away on Nov 11, 2008 and is widely accepted as a great Arahant (fully enlightened) teacher of our time. In addition, I have personally read and studied much of the Buddhist scriptures and popular literature available. I have recently undertaken the ordination vows and have become a Buddhist monk in the theravada forest monk tradition. I reside at a temple with many dedicated practitioners and great teachers. I have been practicing training my mind to be aligned with right view (sammaditthi) for over 10 years. I have also been meditating for over 10 years. In my time spent with Acariya Thoon, I learned many things and was able to incorporate them into my life. In addition to practicing Buddhism within temples and my home, I used to own two restaurants and managed commercial real estate. I had to deal with many different and problems. I learned how to use Buddhism to fix my problems, both externally (my environment) and internally (within me).

San Fran Dhammaram Temple KPYUSA - a non-profit religious organization

Electrical Engineering Degree from the University of California Santa Barbara MBA from San Francisco State