Buddhists/buddhism and asatru

Question
Hi. I am a practitioner of the indigenous Northern European folkway known as Asatru. I was raised in this way and I love it, but I'm also interested in Buddhism. Is it possible to practice both? (Asatru, btw, is polytheistic, reveres the spirits of the land and our ancestors and we believe in honor, generosity and courage)

Answer
To "practice Buddhism" means to keep your mind like a clear mirror, perceiving each moment just as it is, and responding compassionately. That means: when you look at the sky you see blue, when you look at the grass you see green. When you eat an orange you taste sweetness, when a dog barks you hear "woof." When you're hungry, you eat; when you're tired you sleep. When someone else is hungry, you give them food; when someone else is thirsty, you give them drink. That's all. Whatever you believe in doesn't matter.

Buddhists

Stuart Resnick