You are here:

Buddhists/hello to one reading this


i want to convert in to buddhism how can i

You have to "take refuge" in the Buddha, the Buddha's teaching and the community. You can do this yourself, but if you want to do it *formally* you will have to find a community that you can get to with a teacher who is authorised to give the vows. They will explain in more detail. The thing to do is to ask if you can "take refuge vows". A lot depends on where you are.
I hope that helps a little.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alex Wilding


I have practiced and studied Tibetan Buddhism in the Kagyu and Nyingma traditions since the early 1970s, and have a good knowledge of theory, history and of the struggles of trying to practice the teachings, including meditation, while leading a normal, modern life. I am also available to provide background information for journalists.


I have been a practitioner since the early 1970s; have run a small Buddhist centre in the English Midlands and was vice-president of Kagyu Benchen Ling e.V. in Germany, for whom I managed three large Buddhist summer-camps. More importantly, I maintain a habit of personal practice. I am the "owner" of the Kagyu list at Yahoo.

My first degree was an M.A. from Oxford. I later obtained a Master of Philosophy degree for a research thesis in "Initiation in Tibetan Buddhism" from Leicester University. I also have engineering and educational qualifications.

©2017 All rights reserved.