Buddhists/A couple Questions

Question
I have five questions for you regarding your practice and your perception of modern Buddhism in general. Here are my five questions:
1. Do you take the teachings of Buddhism literally? For example that after death you will be reincarnated?
2. Do you expect to achieve enlightenment?
3. How do you practice Buddhism daily? What do you do differently from a non-Buddhist?
4. How long have you been practicing Buddhism? Did you start as a child or as an adult?
5. If you started as an adult, what drew you to Buddhism? If you started as a child, did you ever rebel against your Buddhist upbringing? And if so, what brought you back?

Answer
By and large - not all, of course.

Eventually.

I have certain formal practices - liturgy, you might say. The key difference is in the understanding and orientation, however. Buddhists may well look to "the Buddha" for some kind of blessing, but the essence of the practice is to purify the mind, both in terms of conceptualisation and of motivation. Buddha can help us, but cannot save us. If he (or she) could, he (or she) would, naturally.

40 years. As a youth, though I was an adult before I formally "took refuge".

I was interested through books, but the big thing is meeting a genuinely realized master. Then your hesitations are blown away.

Buddhists

Alex Wilding