Buddhists/Buddhism and Odinism

I am an Odinist, a practicioner of the old Germanic religion that is native to the Northern European soul. I was raised in this religion and love it. However, I've also begun to study and practice Buddhism which has given me a lot of peace. Can one practice both religions? (Odinism, btw, honors many Gods, the Ancestors and the Land Spirits)

Ask yourself the Big Question "What am I?" If you ask sincerely, a big "Don't Know" will appear. This "Don't Know" is before thinking; it has no I/my/me. Find this before-thinking mind, then use it to meet each moment with clarity and compassion.

That's all that matters. No need to worry about Buddhism or Odinism or religion or anything else.

Stuart Resnick

I'm a long-time practitioner in a Korean-style Zen school. I can answer questions regarding Zen, formal sitting meditation, self-inquiry, the practice of "koan" transmission, and offer the particular perspective of this school on the great life questions.

18 years of formal practice with the Kwan Um School of Zen, currently with the Empty Gate Zen Center of Berkeley, currently a "Senior Dharma Teacher" at this center, I give periodic talks and informally answer questions of students interested in Zen practice and teaching style