Buddhists/Buddhism Questions

Hi, for a project in my philosophy class, I have to get an experts answers to some questions I have about Buddhism and I was hoping you could answer these for me!

#1. How are Children raised to be Buddhist in the modern world?
#2. If a child has parents that are now Buddhists, do they commonly try to raise their child to be one as well?
#3. If a child does become Buddhist, when are they introduced to things such as The Four Noble Truths?
#4. Is it easy to Switch to Buddhism from another religion?
#5. Would most people find it to be an easier transition switching to Buddhism rather than another religion?
#6. What normally causes a person to decide they want to be a Buddhist?

Thanks for your time! -Sam

The Buddha taught ways to put down "I/my/me" and return to a clear, before-thinking mind. Then he taught how to use this mind moment to moment with the intention of helping all beings. That's all. The rest of it (Noble Truths, religion, "Buddhism") doesn't matter. There's never any need to "be a Buddhist."

Stuart Resnick

I'm a long-time practitioner in a Korean-style Zen school. I can answer questions regarding Zen, formal sitting meditation, self-inquiry, the practice of "koan" transmission, and offer the particular perspective of this school on the great life questions.

18 years of formal practice with the Kwan Um School of Zen, currently with the Empty Gate Zen Center of Berkeley, currently a "Senior Dharma Teacher" at this center, I give periodic talks and informally answer questions of students interested in Zen practice and teaching style