Buddhists/Ten Candidate Questions for Interviews:

1.    To what Faith do you belong?

2.    How long have you been an adherent?

3.    Is this the Faith of your family, or did you convert?

4.    If converted, from what Faith, why?

5.    At what age were you?

6.    What do you like best about your present Faith?

7.    What particular beliefs and practices especially appeal to you?

8.    What spiritual needs of yours are met by this Faith?

9.    What effect does your worship practice have upon you?

10.  Would you recommend your Religious Faith to others?  Why?

I practice Zen, which means that I ask a big question ("What am I?"), then only keep a big "Don't Know." I don't have interest in belonging to anything, or having Faith in anything, so most of your questions don't apply to me.

I would recommend to others to look at the big question, find "Don't Know," then keep that Don't Know moment to moment, using it to meet the world with clarity and compassion.

Stuart Resnick

I'm a long-time practitioner in a Korean-style Zen school. I can answer questions regarding Zen, formal sitting meditation, self-inquiry, the practice of "koan" transmission, and offer the particular perspective of this school on the great life questions.

18 years of formal practice with the Kwan Um School of Zen, currently with the Empty Gate Zen Center of Berkeley, currently a "Senior Dharma Teacher" at this center, I give periodic talks and informally answer questions of students interested in Zen practice and teaching style