Praying Statue
Praying Statue  
Hello John,

I saw a statue that I would like to purchase, but no one seems to be able to tell me exactly who or what it signifies. I thought it was Buddhist, but was advised "no" but it may be a Thai, Asian, goddess. I have searched numerous sites, and not one shows this exact statue. "She" or "He" is kneeling in prayer position. Today, I showed the picture to my Yoga instructor and he thought too it may  be Asian or Thai, not Buddhist. I'm a Christian, but I practice Yoga and Reiki, I've been reading up on Buddhism and I'm hoping this statue will provide positive energy, compassion, Love, or healing. My concern was "how others would perceive it" but the Yoga instructor said if anything they should perceive it with an open mind, knowing he/she is praying. Is there anything you can tell me about it please?
Thank You, Rose-Marie ( Just FYI, I speak Dutch!)

Hello Rose-Marie,
As far as I can see, it is an androgynous figurine, probably made in Thailand, meant for decoration and inspiration. Bear in mind, however, that things don't do anything, never have, and never will.
Kind regards,

John Willemsens aka Advayavadananda

I can answer all questions about Advayavada Buddhism, in English, Spanish and Dutch.

I am the chairman of the Advayavada Foundation and director of its mouthpiece, the Advayavada Buddhism Information Center - Amsterdam.