Buddhists/Historicity of Mahayana

Dear Mr. Stuart,

Do you ever have doubts on the historicity of Mahayana sutras?

Thank you for aiding me.

Mahayana is a tradition of pointing directly to the truth that has already appeared in this moment. Just now, what do you see, what do you hear, what are you doing? That is Truth -- right in front of you -- and that's the point of all Mahayana sutras.

Forget about whatever did or didn't happen in the past. That has nothing to do with the meaning of Mahayana.

Stuart Resnick

I'm a long-time practitioner in a Korean-style Zen school. I can answer questions regarding Zen, formal sitting meditation, self-inquiry, the practice of "koan" transmission, and offer the particular perspective of this school on the great life questions.

18 years of formal practice with the Kwan Um School of Zen, currently with the Empty Gate Zen Center of Berkeley, currently a "Senior Dharma Teacher" at this center, I give periodic talks and informally answer questions of students interested in Zen practice and teaching style