Buddhists/Psychopath Realm Question

How do psychopaths get into the human realm?  I am assuming that a psychopath entity is coming from a lower realm into a higher realm, but maybe I am wrong.  How does the system work in regards to psychopaths?

Hi Jim,

Rebirth and kamma concepts cannot be fully understood.  They are beyond human understanding to the fullest.  What we can understand is that our existence has a great deal to do with our kamma.  Being born a human doesn't mean we are better than the others.  Look around us, millions of humans are less fortunate than some lucky animals especially household pets like dogs and cats.  What we can deduce is that there is always this imperfection in this world, which the Buddha termed "dukkha" which can be generally translated as "difficult to bear".  

Some people may want to give you specific answers that if the person is such and such then this person will be reborn to such and such realm.  It is not that simple and clearcut.

Hope this answer your query.

Justin Choo  

Justin Choo

All your questions will be answered, and you may not have to agree with the answers. Such is the beauty of Buddhism. I follow the Theravada tradition, and have been studying Buddhism for more than 50 years. As I am not a Buddhist scholar, I answer in simple language, and I prefer answering general questions rather than textual.

I was brought up in the 50's as a Buddhist. For the past 50 years I have read numerous books on Buddhism and listened to numerous talks on Buddhism by well-respected and learned monks and lay teachers. I have conducted Buddhist classes for parents of Sunday School children in a Theravada Buddhist Temple. My teacher was the late Chief Reverend, The Ven. K Sri Dhammananda of The Brickfields Buddhist Mahavihara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You can view the relevant website in memory of my revered late teacher @ and my blog posting at

I am a life member of the Buddhist Missionary Society Malaysia.

YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT MY BLOG @ Published a book called "The Rainbow And The Treasure". It is a compilation of extracts from various sources to introduce Buddhism to beginners. (Currently out of print)

Bachelor of Commerce And Administration, Victoria University Of Wellington, NZ.(1974)