Buddhists/motivation

Question
I have seen and heard that the Theravada work (teach) and pray a lot for there fellow man. They also practice the 4 immeasurables for the benefit of all sentient beings. It seems there motivation is not simply for there own benefit. No? What part of this practice is less worthy of enlightenment (less full enlightenment) compared to any other Buddhist school? Thanks

Answer
Hi Tom,

You say: "It seems there motivation is not simply for there own benefit."
Yes, it does indeed.

You continue: "What part of this practice is less worthy of enlightenment (less full enlightenment) compared to any other Buddhist school?"
It seems entirely worthy to me. Did someone say it isn't?

Perhaps you have fallen prey to the false identification of Theravada (a real school) with Hinayana (a didactic classification of practices). A forgivable mistake which a number of traditional Buddhists have also made, but a mistake all the same.

Buddhists

Alex Wilding