Buddhists/tantra sri yantra

Hi, I got a Sri yantra tattoo because I thought it was about good energy and love.  Then someone told me I could be killed if someone does tantra to me (because it is touching me).  Is this true?

My dear friend Daniel,

Buddhism is about the pristine teachings of the Buddha.  The message is about living life wholesomely and peacefully by one's own effort without depending on external forces.  What you are describing has nothing to do with Buddhism.  Of course, there are people practising black magic and the likes.  These have nothing to do with the teachings of the Buddha.  

Justin Choo  

Justin Choo

All your questions will be answered, and you may not have to agree with the answers. Such is the beauty of Buddhism. I follow the Theravada tradition, and have been studying Buddhism for more than 50 years. As I am not a Buddhist scholar, I answer in simple language, and I prefer answering general questions rather than textual.

I was brought up in the 50's as a Buddhist. For the past 50 years I have read numerous books on Buddhism and listened to numerous talks on Buddhism by well-respected and learned monks and lay teachers. I have conducted Buddhist classes for parents of Sunday School children in a Theravada Buddhist Temple. My teacher was the late Chief Reverend, The Ven. K Sri Dhammananda of The Brickfields Buddhist Mahavihara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You can view the relevant website in memory of my revered late teacher @ and my blog posting at

I am a life member of the Buddhist Missionary Society Malaysia.

YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT MY BLOG @ Published a book called "The Rainbow And The Treasure". It is a compilation of extracts from various sources to introduce Buddhism to beginners. (Currently out of print)

Bachelor of Commerce And Administration, Victoria University Of Wellington, NZ.(1974)