Buddhists/Masterbation

Question
Is it true that Shaolin Monks are not allowed to masterbate, but can make themselves climate with their minds? Some type of internal orgasm that ejaculates inside the body in a painful way?

As a seperate question how can one incorporate an object to their meditation? I have a crystal ball and am not sure how to focus when holding something. I find I am sensitive to physical objects.

Answer
Dear James,

Buddhist monks are not allowed to masterbate. If semen leaves the body voluntarily, this is considered a very serious infraction of monastic rule. This would require a meeting of the council of monks and they will have to deside the appropriate punishment. The punishment could even include disrobing. As for any special "powers" or "abilities" that other monks might have, I can't speak on this. I am not a Shaolon monk, nor have I had any interest in learning about methods that will help me experience sexual bliss without ejaculation. As a monk, we strive to be free of sensual pleasures, not find ways to enjoy them without breaking rules.

In terms of mediation, all you have to do is meditate upon the object. Meditation means to focus on a single topic and stay there. Normally people use the breath or breathing as their focus. However, in this case you could focus on the ball by staring at it, or even just closing your eyes and trying to maintain a mental image of it. This all depends on the purpose of our meditation.

Buddhists

Anandapanyo Bhikkhu