Budget Travel/Affordable travelling

Question
Hi Zack,

I am wanting to take a trip sometime during February or March next year. For awhile now I have been looking into adventure trips at sites like G Adventures and trek sites. One of these sites I actually found trips that were affordable, not in the thousands. Some were around 500 dollars. At first I wanted to go to another country, like Costa Rica, but I see the plane ticket for international travel is too expensive. So instead I just narrowed the location down to just the U.S.

So I began looking for affordable trips in the U.S. and I found a few, but the thing is that the plane ticket is still expensive. At around 500 dollars for a ticket. Ideally I would like for my trip to cost no more than 600 dollars. I am not wanting to just get on a plane and go to a location. I would like a trip where there are other adventure travellers grouped together and exploring a destination. It really makes me mad about those plane ticket prices. What are you thoughts and possible solutions on the matter?

Thanks Zack

Answer
Oooh that's a tough budget to be on for any extended period of time. If ur just looking to do something adventurous in the US, I would suggest a tough mudder or even a spartan race.  If u wanna explore an area, go camping in yellow stone up north or hike half dome in Cali. Search online for group trips through adventure travel companies.

For cheaper rates and flights, search Groupon and living social often.  Also, for long term, get a rewards points credit card.  I have the United card and buy everything with it so that I have enough points to get a free ticket every year when I go abroad.  If ur looking for domestic travel, get the southwest card.

Hope that helps and good luck!  

Budget Travel

Zach Turner