Budget Travel/Beach Bungalows

Hello Gary,
I am a 59 year old, Caucasian, single male living in Tennessee U.S.A. I am searching to rent a super economical beach bungalow in Florida or the Carribbean area,(for the sake of cheaper airfare), for a couple of weeks or a month every year or so, during the worst of Winter weather...nothing fancy, just a hut or bungalow on or near the beach where I can relax, fish, read, and catch up on stuff and stay warm. I will be by myself. Not into night life, the club scene, or woman chasing. Just a simple, no frills or luxuries, primitive stay where I can get cheap eats, stay warm, and rest, but in a safe location.
I've found bungalows for low as $10.00/night on Corn Island, Nicaragua and beach bungalows in India for the same price, but I fear either getting robbed or the possibility of having someone plant drugs on me because they might dislike Americans, and then the nightmare or possibility of dealing with their legal systems and possibly a long prison stay.
Can you provide me with any recommendations or provide information on any links, books, etc. that would help me with what I have described above; preferrably in a country which utilizes a legal system as used in America?
I checked on airfares to some neat bungalows in Thailand but round trip would cost $1600.00. I think maybe Florida or the Carribbean area might be best economically.

Thank you greatly.

Mike E.

Hello Mike,

I too am a 59-year-old, Caucasian, male - who lives in Seattle. I do not know of any sites or publications which specialize in Florida Beach Bungalows, but I can tell you that over the years we have had many snow-birds advertise in our publication looking for a property caretaker for their Florida property while they are away. Our subscribers live rent-free as property caretakers for the homeowners. ​Take care, Gary C. Dunn, Publisher

1700 7th Avenue, Suite 116 # 260, Seattle, WA 98101 USA

Phone: (206) 462-1818

Celebrating The Gazette's 32nd Year of Publication!

Budget Travel

Gary C. Dunn

I can answer questions about where to travel and live rent-free in the US or other countries. I have been publishing rent-free living opportunities world-wide since 1983.