Budgies/hand raising

Question
HI there

I am hand raising several 4 week old budgies and 1 of the seems to be unwell. Its abdomen is swollen like it is not going to the toilet, but its crop is empty. All other birds are the ok

Answer
Hi, Michael,

You need to take the baby budgies to an avian veterinarian as soon as possible for evaluation and possible treatment.  All Experts is not a veterinary service and it's impossible to diagnose medical problems via the internet, i.e., the birds need to be physically seen by a trained professional and probably some tests run in order to determine what the problem might be.  All the babies should be seen by a vet certified in avian practice because if one of them is sick, all of them may be, too.  There are so many things that these symptoms could indicate, so they need to be seen by an avian vet quickly (quickly because the problem may not get better and time is of the essence here).

Chrys Meatyard  

Budgies

Chrys Meatyard