Buffalo, NY/True Sourdough Bread in Buffalo

Question
Hi!  I am new to the Buffalo area!  I was wondering if there are any bakeries in Buffalo that sell "true" Sourdough Bread.  The sourdough bread made the old world style without yeast.

Thank you so much!
Ryan Kennan

Answer
You might want to try one of the stands at the broadway market downtown.  It is open on Saturdays. There is the white eagle bakery and they do things the autentic way. The only other one might be costanzas bakery on union road in cheektowaga. They have the best bread in my opinion. You could see their menu online and call to ask. In williamsville there is a small artisan bakery in williamsville in the walker plaza on main called le metro. You might want to call them to check. Also I recommend dacamillo bakery. They were in Niagara Falls but they also have a store now on Main Street in williamsville.  I hope that helps.  

Buffalo, NY

Irene