Building Codes and Inspections/attachment

i am building a deck onto an existing outer wall and i was told the new code is i have to lower the deck at least 1.25 inches below the existing wall that means i have a step down is this true or is my info wrong thanks

I'm not quite sure what you're being told is correct or correctly understood. . There is a maximum threshold height to prevent a tripping hazard, and a maximum step down height at the door to prevent a riser of excessive height.  What you need to do is check with the local building official in the municipality where the building is located. They can tell you what the code is in your area, and make you aware of any local amendments there.  

Building Codes and Inspections

Keith Fuller

I'm an ICC Certified Master Code Professional fielding general building code questions. My experience has been heavy in fire related issues.

I've been employed since 1985 as an inspector and plan reviewer, and am a municipal Assistant Building Official and Deputy fire Marshal. I've had fire service experience since 1972, having served as a three time Fire Chief and Fire Marshal in years past. The increasing workload, mandatory certifications, and continuing education requirements in recent years have caused me to concentrate my efforts on code related issues. I hold national fire service certifications as well.

ICC Master Code Professional