Building Codes and Inspections/TEMPERED GLASS LAW CODE

Question
IS THERE ANY LAW REQUIRES ON GLASS FURNITURE THAT THEY HAVE TO BE TEMPERED?

Answer
This isn't really a building code question. I think it's more of a health and safety question, like fire proofing of certain curtain materials. Your best bet is to check the manufacturers of glass furniture. I did a quick check, and found that companies that manufacture table tops normally temper thinner glass, but don't sometimes think they need to temper glass that is 1/2 inches or thicker. There were a lot of articles available just by googling "does glass furniture need to be tempered for safety?" I suggest you try it, and spend an hour or so on the resulting research. Good luck!

Building Codes and Inspections

Sharon Toji