Building Codes and Inspections/waterheater

Question
I live in blaine Washington my water heater is inside and I want to move it outside. I want to build a room for it is there any special codes I need to know? I know earth quake straps, proper venting but does the room need to be made of something special?

Answer
I can't really serve as an expert on this, since it is far outside my area of expertise. However, in cases like this, I always suggest that if you don't want to go to the building department and ask them, and you don't want to pay anyone to plan the structure and get your permit, that you go to someplace where they sell water heaters and ask them what the rules are for the kind of structure you can put a water heater in. Certainly whatever you build your house from would work. Do you have a Home Depot or Lowes? They can possibly answer this question.

Sharon Toji

Building Codes and Inspections

Sharon Toji