Building Codes and Inspections/Building Codes for Interior Doors on Commercial Buildings and Sound Transmissions Codes

Question
Hey Lori, My name is Roy Ford and I work for Catholic Charities in Oakland CA.  We are currently in the process of relocating to Richmond CA, and I have had a difficult time finding someone to answer the following building code questions for me.  I hope you can assist me with the following questions:

1.  Interior Door codes or regulations - we have clinicians who often are working with young children in rooms, and we are wondering if these rooms should have windows based on certain codes or regulations that may apply.

2.  Sound transmission codes that may exist for a Behavorial Heath Care facility.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Roy -

I'm sorry for the delay.  I wanted to do some research and see if I could answer your question.  This is not a code issue (my specialty); it is more likely to be in the health care regulations or design standards for your state or organization.  I checked with several of my colleagues, and they did not know specifically where this would be stated.  I have not seen this addressed in the building or life safety codes.  

- Lori

Building Codes and Inspections

Lori Greene