You are here:

Building Homes or Extensions/cracked foundation in sunken living room


Michele wrote at 2015-05-27 17:37:56
I live in Texas and with all this rain water is coming in to my sunken living room.  I've had this problem before and had an engineer come out and survey my property.  They suggested to put gutters around the home, install a french drain and create a v shape on the side of the house the water was coming in.  I did this and it seemed to help but when there is a lot of rain as we are having now this does not help.  So my question is what would be the best option (level the property or concrete), the cost difference, and who would I contact to do either of these jobs?

Building Homes or Extensions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bruce E. Johnson


I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.


Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.

©2017 All rights reserved.