Building Homes or Extensions/new home construction

Good evening, sir.  What month of the year does new home construction typically begin in the northeastern US?  Thank you for your time.I

Daniel- I am from the NE so I know a bit about this. In perfect conditions the building process starts so there is time to weather proof before rain and snow. (Roofing installed and windows and doors installed) Even if this is achieved the building should be dried out to reach a certain moisture content. This limits the amount of shrinkage of framing that results in many troubles down the road. regardless do not let your contractor skip this step whatsoever. You, and mostly he will be happy you took this step. It halts no progress in the building process. The cost is minimal. Should the building get wet prior to weatherization the drying time is increased and could potentially slow progress. I hope this helps and feel free to contact me for any reason.

Building Homes or Extensions

Glen W

I can answer questions about the whole home building, additions and renovation processes. I am able to talk about finite hands on skills to budget and management areas.

I have been a General Contractor for over 25 yrs. and in 10 States

BA - Architecture