Building Homes or Extensions/roof slab

Question
what is the significance of using temperature bars?why we use it when we have main,secondary and extra reinforcement?

Answer
Shadd, I don't know that I have a knowledgeable answer to your question.  My use of the term temperature bars would be in connection with one-way reinforcement.  The structural issues are dealt with by  the one way bars, the temperature bars would be perpendicular to these bars as temperature bars, not as structural two way reinforcement.

I don't know that this answers your query, but I hope it helps in some way.

Building Homes or Extensions

Dan Griffin