Building Homes or Extensions/Shed load capacity...

Question
Shed\'s frame
Shed's frame  

Shed\'s support
Shed's support  
Hello,

I just moved into a house that has a shed on the back yard (12ftx20ft)with metal siding, it's about 2 years old. my ultimate goal is to park my racecar (2500lbs# in there, so the car will come in and out the shed one every 5 weeks.

The shed is supported as follow:
Left side span #2 1.5x2 screw together#in 4 point with cinder blocks.
Right side span also in 4 points
the 2 middle spans in 3 points

The joist are 2x4, 14in apart, and the floor looks like OSB screwed into the joist.

I'm planning to lay a single 2x10's for the wheels to roll #1 on the left and 1 on the right) but I'm afraid this wont be enough...

How can I calculate the load capacity of this shed? and if not enough how can I reinforce it?

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Rafael , if you measure how much tire tread is on the ground t ny given time you will probably find that your bearing capacity only needs to be a hundred pounds a square inch which isn't that much.   I don't quite understand your description of how the shed is supported. However if the joists are running across the garage and you can get a cinder block under each joist within a foot of where your 2x10s will be placed, your floor system should easily support the weight.

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson