Building Homes or Extensions/Concrete ramp

We have poured concrete under a carport. Part of our next pour is a ramp from the carport to a future basketball area/driveway.  The house is built on a slope.  We plan have a level basketball area with a total of a 1 inch slope for drainage away from the house, for the court itself, which then continues as driveway down the hill away from the house. We would like to conserve as much level space for the court as possible and minimize the ramp area from the carport. My question is in regards to dropping from the carport down to the court level.  Our lowest vehicle would allow a 4 inch drop from the carport to the court.  
#1 Is there a standard slope for the transition for a vehicle?
#2 What is the minimum distance you would use for a 4 inch rise for a pedestrian walking into the carport area?
Thank you very much for your time and expertise

Hi Judith, I'm sorry but you have me totally confused.  I'm not sure what you're asking.  What 4" step?  Why should you need to have a 4" step?  If I knew the elevation of your carport and the proposed elevation of the basketball court and how long the ramp is from the carport to the basketball court I might be able to determine what the actual slope is. As it stands I don't have a clue..sorry..if you can answer some of the questions I might be able to help.  

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson

I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.

Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.