Building Homes or Extensions/bow tie rafters


hi bruce i have this old block 1-1/2 stall garage that is 24 ft wide and i was wondering where i could buy some round style roof rafters so i can have a room upstairs on this garage so it will give some good charm to the building like some of good old round like roof barns. do u have any good suggestions on this thanks troy

Hi Troy, depending on what exactly you are looking for and where you live you might try " used building materials" outlets..they often times specialize in recycling barn wood and antique building materials..another possibility is a timber supplier or log home dealer..if it is log or timber trusses you desire the last two choices are your best bet...also if you have a lumber mill in your area you may be able to purchase lodge poles or similar poles which are basically small diameter trees that are skinned prior to being careful though, before purchasing any materials for your project! Make sure your local building authorities allow the use of used materials or rough, ungraded materials for structural work..I hope this info helps, feel free to write again regarding this or other matters, sincerely, Bruce Johnson,

Building Homes or Extensions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bruce E. Johnson


I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.


Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]