Building Homes or Extensions/bow tie rafters

Question
hi bruce i have this old block 1-1/2 stall garage that is 24 ft wide and i was wondering where i could buy some round style roof rafters so i can have a room upstairs on this garage so it will give some good charm to the building like some of good old round like roof barns. do u have any good suggestions on this thanks troy

Answer
Hi Troy, depending on what exactly you are looking for and where you live you might try " used building materials" outlets..they often times specialize in recycling barn wood and antique building materials..another possibility is a timber supplier or log home dealer..if it is log or timber trusses you desire the last two choices are your best bet...also if you have a lumber mill in your area you may be able to purchase lodge poles or similar poles which are basically small diameter trees that are skinned prior to being sawn...be careful though, before purchasing any materials for your project! Make sure your local building authorities allow the use of used materials or rough, ungraded materials for structural work..I hope this info helps, feel free to write again regarding this or other matters, sincerely, Bruce Johnson, bejohnsonconsulting.com

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson