Building Homes or Extensions/cieling grid

sorry but your answer to doug is completely wrong,you do need to splice a 12 foot main to start at 24 inches from each wall.i dont understand why you dont know that.route holes are six inches apart and start at three inches from the end so when you splice two together the holes are six inches apart.there is not a route hole at 48 1nches of a twelve foot main tee , it is at 51 inches. if he were to cut 3 inhes off one end of the main and splice it onto the other end his layout will work out to 24 inches off the wall.

I don't think I've answered any ceiling grid I'm not sure where this is coming from..and when you take it upon yourself to give someone some "advice" try spelling the words properly..

I had to go back almost five years to find the question posed by Doug.  And you are right to grid a twelve foot room you will need a splice..I should have given his question a closer look.

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson

I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.

Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.