Building Homes or Extensions/Dormers with attic truss options

Question
Glen,

My attached garage is 30 in length by 26 wide. It is is built with attic trusses. This create a space that is about 12-15 feet wide upstairs. We would like to make the room wider. I could build small dormers (6 feet or so) without any issues, but we would like more space that what this offers. We would really like to put in a shed dormer that could span almost the whole length. 3 questions:

What are the consequences of adding a shed dormer? Would i have to redo the roof?

Usually, is the bottom cord of an attic truss the same height as an i-joist lets say that could span the same length?

Any other options to adding space when the roof is built with attic trusses?

Answer
Stephane- You will find that the best option is the shed dormer. A skilled builder can do this without having to redo the roof. The bearing plane (truss chord) would be the same height as the new bearing beams required.
Trusses; though fast and inexpensive for a new build, do not lend themselves for very many future options. From your description this project seems pretty simple.
Please feel free to contact me for any reason.
Glen

Building Homes or Extensions

Glen W