Building Homes or Extensions/Repairing asphalt driveway

We purchased a building with six units with a long asphalt driveway. The driveway is old and has some large potholes in it. We live in a climate with extreme temperatures - cold winters, lots of snow and ice, warm summers. We're thinking that it may no be worth doing a full repair, since it will crack again, and just trying to hire someone to patch the problem areas. Does that make sense? Is there anything else we should consider?

Thank you.

Sorry.  in Florida working on dads place.  short answer:  contact local asphalt  contractor to discuss cutting out potholes and capping the whole thing.  sounds like it is beyond adding a seal coat.  make sure to discuss drainage issues especially at beginning  and end if capping.  

Building Homes or Extensions

Dan Griffin

I can answer almost all questions related to the total construction process. My expertise is in commercial construction, though I can field most any residential question. I have hands on experience in concrete, heavy equipment, masonry, all phases of carpentry, interior finishes, and I am fairly strong in mechanical and electrical.

I have over 20 years experience as a commercial carpenter and commercial construction superintendent. I have another 20 years experience in facility management for a major school district.

My favorite hobby for he past 12 years has been singing bass in a The OkChorale men's barbershop chorus and the Mature Moments quartet.

I hold a Bachelor's degree in English and Math. I have completed many continuing education hours in the building trades. I hold a Master Carpenter card from the AGC, Associated General Contractors.