Building Homes or Extensions/Resealing oceanfront doors

Do you have an idea of the normal time frame that oceanfront doors and windows need to be resealed?
Thank you for your help!

Hi Nancy, it depends on the exposure.  Any windows or doors that get a lot of sun plus the salt from the ocean could need new weatherstripping every few years.  Most manufacturers give a five year life span to weatherstripping under normal conditions, however subjecting them to salt and sun exposure can significantly reduce the lifespan.  As a part of spring cleaning and maintenance schedules, weather stripping should be cleaned and inspected at least once a year. If there is significant salt buildup you may want to decrease this to every six months. Sincerely Bruce Johnson  

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson

I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.

Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.