Building Homes or Extensions/Resealing oceanfront doors

Question
Do you have an idea of the normal time frame that oceanfront doors and windows need to be resealed?
Thank you for your help!

Answer
Hi Nancy, it depends on the exposure.  Any windows or doors that get a lot of sun plus the salt from the ocean could need new weatherstripping every few years.  Most manufacturers give a five year life span to weatherstripping under normal conditions, however subjecting them to salt and sun exposure can significantly reduce the lifespan.  As a part of spring cleaning and maintenance schedules, weather stripping should be cleaned and inspected at least once a year. If there is significant salt buildup you may want to decrease this to every six months. Sincerely Bruce Johnson  

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson