Building Homes or Extensions/roofing problem?

Question
Hello

Our single story house just got a new roof - Certainteed shingles part of the house -  and IB roofing system  (garage and kitchen).  Throughout the process there has been a heavy glue smell in the house.  Is it normal?  We aired it out, thought it was gone, turned on our central air system and the glue smell is back REALLY STRONG. What happened?  What do we do?  Is it toxic?  

Also, IB system on flat roof (looks like PVC) has some bubbles.  Can this affect the longevity of this roof system?   

Thanks,  Gabriel

Answer
Gabe, I assume the smells are like solvents and adhesives.  They should dissipate rapidly.  I would certainly ask the installer and even write a note to IB customer relations.  This is also the best place to ask about the bubbles.  It sounds as if the membrane was not fully adhered (one method of install), but rather mechanically fastened at seams.  This is an approved method of installation with most manufacturers.  I think most installers work extra hard at making a good looking install in addition to being functionally adequate.  

I suspect your installation is fine, but for peace of mind send a question or call to IB.

Building Homes or Extensions

Dan Griffin