Building Homes or Extensions/smells after new roofing

Question
Hello

Our single story house just got a new roof - Certainteed shingles part of the house -  and IB roofing system  (garage and kitchen).  Throughout the process there has been a heavy glue smell in the house.  Is it normal?  We aired it out, thought it was gone, turned on our central air system and the glue smell is back REALLY STRONG. What happened?  What do we do?  Is it toxic?  

Also, IB system on flat roof (looks like PVC) has some bubbles.  Can this affect the longevity of this roof system?   

Thanks,  Gabriel

Answer
Gabriel,

Sorry for the delay, my email account was inadvertently shut down and I didn't know it until this past Sunday.

IB roof systems are approved by all of the industry associations and their installation instructions, when followed properly, result in trouble free low pitch roofs.  If some thing improper was done or an installation product not approved by the manufacture was used, it would be an issue with the installer.

The first thing I would do is contact the installer to have him review and inspect the installation.  I would also contact the IB company's tech service people and explain the situation and get their advice or even ask them to inspect the installation and determine what is wrong.  Then are the experts.

Len

Building Homes or Extensions

Len Kroll