You are here:

Building Homes or Extensions/Outside caulk or concrete mix?


door threshold
door threshold  

stucco bricks
stucco bricks  
Dear Bruce,

These are pics of an exit door, taken from outside the house. The door's aluminum threshold has some old caulk that's falling off. What should I apply to replace the old caulk?

The wall around the door is stucco, and as you can see in the other pic, between the stucco and the brick tiles on the floor, there's some old caulk I'd like to remove. I'm not sure if I should use a caulk or a concrete-like mix to close the crack between the stucco and the brick tiles. What would you recommend to use in that area?

With sincere appreciation,


Hi Luca, Home Depot, Lowes, or other hardware stores, carry DAP which makes several good products for caulking against wood and brick or concrete.. A good rubber caulk specifically made for that purpose works awesome! Go to the paint department and look at the caulking section..rubber, silicone, or urethane will work the labels..they will describe exactly how to do it and what materials they are made to protect.  Sika Flex is another good brand..sincerely Bruce Johnson

Building Homes or Extensions

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Bruce E. Johnson


I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.


Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.

©2017 All rights reserved.