Building Homes or Extensions/replace exterior wall in mobile home

Can I replace an exterior wall with floor-to-ceiling windows in a mobile home?

Hi Paul, its probably possible. But you'd have to cut the roof trusses back enough to get a header in there to support the weight.  However if you are willing to compromise you can do a floor to eight inches from the ceiling window and install a header in there to support the ceiling weight.  

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson

I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.

Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.