Building Homes or Extensions/Walls& windows

Question
I am having an extention to my house and I noticed that when they put 8' concrete blocks, some of the have holes between them.
I aksed my builder to fill them in with cement, he said that is ok, no problem, you will still have outside a brick vaneer too. I am afraid of water getting in, insects etc if the holes will be left.
Also I aksed my architect to put the headers on the windows of the first floor to make them strong enough to support the second floor. I just noticed that blue print has support for new windows but there is no support for the existing windows. What I should do? Please advise.
Thanks

Answer
Nushaba, I'm a bit confused about what you have.  I think you are telling me that the new exterior walls are 8" cement block that will have a brick veneer.  If it had been my design, the block walls would have been mortared and struck on both faces - there would be no voids in the mortar joints.  In addition I would have waterproofed the outside of the block, usually done with tar based product; and added rigid foam insulation between the block and brick along with the dead air gap.

As to the headers, I need to assume that the original structure had headers over the existing windows so they should not require additional work.  If there is any doubt, check with the architect.

Building Homes or Extensions

Dan Griffin