Building Homes or Extensions/Long Island Construction costs

Good morning Bruce. I was wondering what the construction costs would be to add a 16 by 22 foot rear first floor extension with basement for a master bedroom with shower bath and walk in closet. My location is Nassau county Long island.

Hi Don, just a guesstimate but depending on accessibility etc. I would venture to say it will cost around $80,000 where you live.  I put a value of $150 a square foot for the first floor finished rooms and $75 a square foot for the basement.   Depending on architectural, engineering, permit costs and how your home is built, the price may change.  When I square foot a cost I generally go on the high side so you might be able to beat my estimate once the addition is designed and you can shop around for a good price. Sincerely Bruce Johnson  

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson

I can answer any construction related question in regards to carpentry, concrete, drywall, masonry, structural elements of any type of building, residential or commercial. Interior or exterior.

Custom Commercial and residential buildings. Churches, theaters, schools and auditoriums. Most recently I am working with the Catholic Church on several design build committees. I have a website related to scheduling and project supervision. Although my expertise is more related to multimillion dollar commercial, educational and theatrical projects my generous credentials in residential and remodelling construction make me a viable source of information regarding all forms of building questions.