Building Homes or Extensions/Concrete staining

Question
I have a large corner colored concrete fountain that was experiencing an algae problem. I over-dozed a chlorine mixture and the overflow part of the fountain has a white stain on it.
The concrete portion of the fountain not subject to the chlorine
overflow has remained its tan color.  The original color, tan, is consistent through-out the depth of the concrete.  I suspect
a chemical re-action but would appreciate your opinion and any
suggestions as to how to restore the white areas to the original tan.

Thanks,

Ralphrx

Answer
Hi Ralph, there are concrete stains available that you might be able to rub into the area in question.  Home Depot has a few colors of concrete powder stain or you can order some on line.  Wet the area and rub the stain on.  Let it soak in for a bit then wipe the area.  You may need to repeat the process a few times.   Another option would be a concrete stain from the paint department.  In that instance you would make sure the area is dry and then using a small brush just paint the area that is bleached out.  Something I have been doing for minor touchups like this is to have the paint department match the color using their color match equipment and just paint the spot.  But you would have to bring a sample of the color in to have it analyzed.

Building Homes or Extensions

Bruce E. Johnson