Building Homes or Extensions/Detailed house plans

Question
Hello Stephen,

Our home is South FL construction from 2007. How can I get the house plans or whatever they're called with the detailed info about plumbing installation that run under the floor, inside walls etc? Is that something the county would have or only the builder?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Rick

Answer
Rick,

Unfortunately the underground utility runs in residential construction are often not well documented.  The builder may have a plan, but that does not mean that it was precisely followed.

The local building code office should have plans, but again, unless someone took the time to draw "as built" diagrams of the under-slab work, or at least take photographs prior to placing the concrete, you may be out of luck.

You should check both sources, you may get lucky and find what you need.

Steve Major

Building Homes or Extensions

Stephen Major (Owner--Major Design Group)