Building Homes or Extensions/Lally Column

Question
To whom it may concern,

My house was recently elevated for mitigation purposes as a result of Superstorm Sandy.  My question to you is I am trying to replace a 10' high 4" diameter standard concrete filled Lally Column at the same footing of my garage, with a new 15' column after the additional 5' of foundation is added.  Could you please advise me of a good alternative to meet or exceed the structural load limits of the 10' column with the new 15' height.  I am currently not residing in my residence.  Staying true to the original design during rebuilding will reduce the need for re-engineering and allow for a smoother transition without the use of further inspections and plan submissions, allowing my family and I to return as quickly as possible.

Many thanks,
Chris

Answer
Chris, I am not capable of giving you a structural answer. I do think that you can get the answer here:

http://deancolumn.com/columns.html

Their standard units max out at 14', but note that they can make longer units.   Here is their info:
1-800-442-3455
Mon - Fri 8AM to 5PM

I hope this helps.

Building Homes or Extensions

Dan Griffin